Anyone likes egg salad sandwich? I do… but every time I had it I feel guilty about the mayo. So I modified my own egg salad sandwich combining with the magical green fruit – avocado!
I love, love, love avocados. One of my favorite quick breakfast fix is avocado and hardboiled eggs mashed together and served on toast. You just can’t go wrong with this. This is a great quick breakfast fix for those who have to rush to work in the morning. You just need to make some hardboiled eggs ahead of time.
- 1 piece of whole grain toast or sourdough toast
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 Tsp of Low Fat Natural Yogurt (no sugar)
- squeeze of lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Chopped tomatos (Optional)
- Chopped cilantro (Optional)
In a small bowl mash the avocado and yogurt together.
Chop up the hard boiled egg and mix it with the avocado-yogurt mixture.
Add the salt. If you are adding chopped tomatoes and cilantro you can add it now. Mix everything together.
Toast the bread.
When the bread is done, spread with the avocado mixture. Sprinkle with black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice and make it into a open-faced sandwich. You can also use them sandwich fillings.
Quick and easy, and absolutely delicious.
1. Hard boiled eggs are my training food and I always have a batch in my fridge. They can last up to 1 week with shells on in the fridge or 5 days if peeled in an air-tight container.
2. Adding yogurt to the mixture add creaminess to the avocado mixture and make it more like a “mayo” like texture.
3. The pinch of salt really brings out the flavour of the avocados. I use pink himalayan salt. If you are on a salt free diet, you can skip that.
4. The squeeze of lemon juice adds a little “zing” to the sandwich, also keeps the avocado green!