I love Caesar salad. But do you know normal caesar salad dressing has almost 80 calories per tablespoon? It’s one of those sneaky traps that turns your healthy salad into a disaster. This simple dressing offers a healthy alternative to the traditional caesar dressing. It can be prepared quickly and used as a sandwich spread, vegetable dip, or of course, on a salad!
Caesar Salad Dressing
2 tablespoons of low-fat yogurt
1 Tsp of Red wine vinegar
1 tsp of Dijon Mustard
1 Egg Yolk (raw or hardboiled, your choice)
1/2 an avocado (optional)
2 pieces of anchovies (optional)
Black Pepper (add as you like)
Additional spices (add as you like)
Just mix all ingredients in a blender until everything is mixed up.
- This dressing might be slightly thinner than the traditional Caesar dressing so you need to cut up your salad greens into smaller pieces and mix well.
- You can also use this as sandwich spread as an alternative to mayo
- Use it as a dip for vegetable sticks.
- The dressing can be saved in the fridge up to 5 days.
- Add your protein. Shrimp and chicken works very well with this dressing.
- For vegetarians you can skip the anchovies.
Tonight I made my Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken Breast. Healthy high protein meal!