How long is this weather going to last?!I Today I just don’t really have much appetite for hot food so I made Cold Soba with Seared Tuna and vegetables. I always find traditional soba sauce containing too much salt and sugar so I thought I would improvise and make my own. Instead, I used ginger, wasabi, apple cider vinegar, black pepper and a squeeze of lemon as the “soba sauce”.Stir fry some carrots, onions, mushrooms and shiso peppers ahead of time and cool them to room temperature.
- Cook some buckwheat noodles and chill them.
- Mix the vegetables with the soba.
- To make the soba sauce, use a little bit of grated ginger, wasabi, 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, a little bit of black pepper and a squeeze of lemon and mix them together.
- Marinate tuna ahead of time with lemon and pepper. Sear tuna 1 minute each side.
- Serve on top of soba and garnish with spring onions and coriander (or seaweed if you have some!)
It was very refreshing and healthy. Great for summer days. Great for packed lunch too! * Note that I did not give the measurements on the ingredients as I want to give flexibility on how much protein, vegetables and carbs you need in your meal!